Above-ground pool steps to your pool, there are a few things you’ll need to do to get started. First, you’ll need to measure the height of your pool. This will help you determine how many steps you’ll need to add.
Next, you’ll need to purchase your steps. There are a variety of different types and styles of steps available, so be sure to choose the ones that best fit your needs.
Once you have your steps, it’s time to install them. This process will vary depending on the type of steps you’ve chosen, but most steps can be installed by following these simple instructions:
- Place the first step against the pool wall, making sure that the top of the step is level with the pool deck.
- Secure the step in place using the included hardware.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 for each additional step.
- Once all steps are installed, test them out to ensure they’re secure and stable.
Installing above-ground pool steps is a great way to add safety and convenience to your pool. With a few simple tools and some basic instructions, you can have your new steps installed in no time.
Pro or DIY Above Ground Pool Installation
We all want to enjoy our above-ground pools to the fullest, and that means having easy access to get in and out. Above-ground pool steps are a great way to provide that access, and they can be installed either by a professional or as a DIY project.
If you’re going the professional route, then the installation is pretty straightforward. Your pool company will deliver and set up the steps according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
For a DIY installation, you’ll need to purchase the steps and any necessary hardware from a pool supply store. Once you have everything, follow these steps:
Position the steps where you want them next to the pool. Use a level to make sure they’re level and mark the location of the base plates.
- Remove the steps and drill holes for the anchors at the marked locations. Drive the anchors into the ground.
- Set the steps back in place and bolt them to the anchors.
- Fill in any gaps between the steps and the pool with caulk or pool putty.
- That’s it! Your new above-ground pool steps are ready for use.
According to River Pools in Virginia, above-ground pool installation costs between $1,000 and $3,000, depending on the size the pool. Installing decking around a permanent pool will add thousands of dollars to the cost.